I have fond memories of going to the grocery store with my mom as a kid (don’t judge me, I like to eat.) As soon as we walked through the door, I would beeline straight to the bakery counter because duh, free samples. While everything they made was delicious, I had a special place in my heart (and stomach) for their M&M cookies. Those cookies were seriously soft little bits of Heaven.
The grocery store has since closed down and I’ve been searching for the perfect M&M cookie recipe ever since. About a year ago, I came across this recipe for chocolate chip cookies made with vanilla pudding mix and they are quite easily the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. The vanilla pudding mix makes them the perfect amount of fluffy, like cookie clouds. The second time I made them, I decided to toss in some M&Ms instead of chocolate chips, and I think this is the closest I’ve ever gotten to the M&M cookies I used to love from the grocery store bakery (which in hindsight seems like a weird compliment, but I swear they’re amazing.) I’ve adapted the recipe below to make a much smaller batch as the original makes 72 cookies and I know my roommates would kill me if I left 6 dozen cookies sitting on the kitchen counter.
I hope you enjoy eating these as much as I do!
The Softest M&M Cookies
Makes 36 cookies.
(See original recipe here)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup softened butter
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 regular package instant vanilla pudding mix (just the mix, 3.4 ounces)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups M&Ms (I prefer mini, but the store I went to only had regular-sized )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour and baking soda together in medium-sized bowl and set aside for later use.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and instant pudding mix.
- Add in the flour and baking soda.
- Add the M&Ms (then shove the rest of the bag into your mouth.)
- Take a spoon and drop cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes in oven until edges are golden brown.
- Don’t share with anyone. I won’t blame you, I get it.
I’d love to know what you guys think of this recipe. Let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading! 🙂